The WE Empower UN SDG problem 2020 is receiving purposes from women entrepreneurs with sustainable business practices. This is a chance for individuals who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and constructing a imaginative and prescient for a sustainable future.
Therefore, in case you are a feminine entrepreneur inspiring the group to create the long run we want, that is for you.
About WE Empower UN SDG Challenge
The We Empower Challenge is a world business competitors. It goals to honor, help and have a good time girls and social entrepreneurs with sustainable business practices. It’s for individuals who are advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and galvanizing total communities to create the world we would like by 2030.
Generally, the initiative goals to supply entry to seed capital, distinctive coaching, capability constructing, networking, visibility, and showcase work credibility. Also, it goals to ignite consciousness amongst a world group of stakeholders on the precious contribution girls entrepreneurs make in contributing to the SDGs and the obstacles they nonetheless face.
Benefits Of The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge
A complete of 5 entrepreneurs will probably be chosen from every of the 5 UN Regional Blocks and awarded. Also, every of them will obtain an all-expense-paid journey to New York throughout the UN Global Goals week (18 – 27 September 2020). This manner, they’ll take part in tailor-made coaching and particular occasions.
Also, they’ll profit the next;
- All flights, lodging, and incidentals whereas in New York
- A particular curated week-long agenda in New York with individualized coaching, high-level dialogues on the UN, and training on communications and speech prep in preparation for the pitch night night time.
- Participate in a night occasion hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings collectively high business leaders, celebrities and the media for a dynamic pitch competitors. Here, every Regional Awardee pitches her business for a $20,000 money grant
- Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum
- Speak in a panel dialogue at an intimate high-level dinner reception hosted by the G5 Collective and Vital Voices.
- Participate in Global Citizen week occasions and attend the Global Citizen Festival.
To be eligible for the We Empower Challenge, candidates should meet the entire following standards. Finalists will probably be required to supply proof of gross sales (i.e tax returns and/or audited monetary data).
- You have to be a lady entrepreneur with a lead decision-making capability in a business or group
- The business will need to have been in operation for greater than three years.
- Should make use of not less than three full-time employees (or full-time equal)
- Your business ought to generate not less than $100,000 USD in annual gross sales or income
- Must be proficient in spoken and written English
- You have to be not less than 21 years outdated
- You have to be accessible to journey to NYC between 18 September – 27 September 2020
How It Works
Applicants will probably be assessed based mostly on quite a lot of components. Some of which embody;
- Identification of the world area you might be situated in, from both of those 5; Europe and North America; the Middle East and North Africa; Sub-Saharan Africa; Asia-Pacific; Latin America and Caribbean.
- Ability to decide to your entire week of the in-person program which isn’t any exception.
- The willingness to assist form the group dialogue about girls’s development and the SDG’s in your area, and wield the affect obligatory to take action.
- Available to safe a US visa
- Submission of a two-minute video following the required tips.
How To Apply For The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge
To apply, first, it’s essential to register an account to start the method. Then, full your on-line software (it’s possible you’ll save and full later). Also, you have to to reply safety questions, present primary details about your self, business and first nation of business and others.
In addition, you may be required to do a two-minute video which is without doubt one of the necessities for consideration.
The Video Specifications Include;
In doing the video, much less consideration is paid to the standard of your video and extra consideration is given to the standard of your response. Also, it’s acceptable, in case you want to make your quick video utilizing a smartphone. You will probably be required to reply the next questions in your video;
- Full title (first title and household title)
- Name of the nation the place your business is situated
- The mission of your group
- What you hope to attain in case you are chosen to take part as a finalist within the competitors
- State the affect of your actions on the UN SDGs
- Then, your video attachments could be hosted on a video web site comparable to YouTube or Vimeo
- You might also add a video file throughout the software platform
- The file dimension shouldn’t exceed 20 MB and it may be within the following format: .MP4, .MOV, and .WMV
Please don’t add any supplies that aren’t listed because the judges is not going to think about it. The written element of your entry must be totally defined throughout the supplied type fields.
The on-line software for the WE Empower problem 2020 is ongoing and can shut on April 15, 2020. Then, by June 15, 2020, Awardees will probably be notified. Next, the WE Empower Program will maintain from 18 – 27 September 2020 in New York City.
Please observe that, candidates with multiple business/organisation ought to full the appliance relating to the business/organisation that you just want to give attention to throughout the Global Challenge alternative, in case you are chosen to take part in this system.
To learn extra and apply, click on here.
The submit WE Empower UN SDG Challenge 2020 For Women Entrepreneurs, Application Is Ongoing appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.