Timi Dakolo is a Nigerian singer, songwriter, soul performer, and winner of the maiden version of the Idols West Africa competitors in 2007. He was named the golden voice of Africa, and has a document cope with the Virgin Emi Records (UMG).
Timi Dakolo Background
Mr Dakolo was born on the 20th of January 1981, in Accra, Ghana, to a Nigerian father and a Ghanaian mom. He hails from Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
At age 13, Timi Dakolo’s household skilled a painful ordeal with the passing of his mom. After his mom handed, his grandma, Ateni Dakolo, took up the duty of elevating the music star.
He obtained a level in Communication Studies from the University of Port Harcourt. After he gained the West African Idols competitors, he went on to review songwriting, in order that he might turn out to be an expert.
Timi Dakolo is married to Busola Dakolo and they’re blessed with three youngsters.
Timi Dakolo Early Career
Mr Dakolo provides his grandma credit score for encouraging him to hitch the choir and nurturing his expertise as a singer. His grandma’s encouragement made him be part of the Purple Love singing group. The group ultimately grew to become one of many fashionable music teams in Port Harcourt.
In 2005, the music group disbanded as a result of all its members gained admission into the University of Port Harcourt. Almost on the identical time, Timi Dakolo gained a neighborhood expertise hunt contest known as the G.E FACTO.
He acquired his massive break in 2007 when he gained the Idols West Africa actuality present in Calabar, Cross Rivers state. While the competitors was ongoing, Mr Dakolo obtained the heartbreaking information of his grandmother’s passing which shattered him
On leaving the truth present, he recorded a rock ballad Heaven please, as a tribute to his grandma and featured the rapper, M.I.
Timi Dakolo launched his first single in 2009, and launched his debut album, Beautiful noise in 2011. The album garnered widespread important and business acclaim.
- Beautiful Noise – 2011
- Merry Christmas, Darling – 2019
Singles And EPS
- Send Down the Rain – 2013
- Iyawo Mi – 2014
- Wish Me Well – 2015
- Medicine – 2017
- I Never Know Say – 2018
- Merry Christmas, Darling – 2019
- White Christmas – 2019
- Let It Shine, Various Artists – 2010
- Power of 1 (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack, Various Artist) – 2018
Timi Dakolo Awards And Nominations
- Nominated for the Best High-Life Video on the Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) – 2014
- Nigerian Music Video Awards (NMVA) nominee for Best Cinematography – 2014
- Best Vocal Performance at The Headies – 2014
- Nigeria Entertainment Award nominee for R&B Artist of the Year – 2015
- COSCON Award nominee for the Best Song in Lyrics – 2015
- Nominee on the COSCON Award for the Best Love Song – 2015
- The Headies Award for Best Recording of the Year – 2016
- Best Vocal Performance (Male) at The Headies Award – 2016
- The Headies Award for Best R&B Single – 2016
- Nominee on the Nigeria Entertainment Award for Alternative Artist of the Year – 2016
- City People Music Award nominee for RnB Artist of the Year – 2016
- Nominee on the City People Music Award for RnB Artist of the Year – 2016
- Nigeria Entertainment Award nominee for Best Song of the Year – 2016
- Nominee on the Nigerian Entertainment Award for Inspirational Artist – 2017
- The Entrepreneur Africa Prize for Music Business – 2019
Timi Dakolo Quotes
“Do you already know you possibly can love somebody so deeply and nonetheless not
love them like they need to be liked. Because love means various things to
totally different individuals they usually interpret it in a different way.”
“You see that woman selling Akara, Akamu and bread on your street since you were a child and she is still there. She is a superhero. Hail her for me.”
“Happiness is the ultimate success, AIM for it…”
“Don’t only be rich on social media.”
“These days if you want to get into any kind of partnership or relationship with anyone, ask for their social media handle. Please make an effort to search for their comments on popular blogs. So you can be sure of what you are getting into. People are the things they say.”
“I hope your knowledge of who God is not solely based on someone else’s idea of who God is to them. It is extremely important that you experience God for yourself. It is meant to be a personal relationship.”
“The world gained’t get any higher if we see evil and look the
“History has by no means been type to males who tried to be God
and subdue/oppress their fellow males.”
“The whole job of a musician is to cause a significant experience in the hearts and minds of your listeners.”
“The highest human service is to inspire.”
“You can’t take God out of the equation, GOD is the
“Dear daughter, you don’t exist for the pleasure of any man. Any man that has you is blessed, and know that you are complete being all by yourself, you are capable of doing awesome/amazing things…”
Always Acquire Necessary Skills
Timi Dakolo had a pure expertise for singing, which he utilized in his grandma’s church choir earlier than he began going for auditions. After he gained the Idols, West Africa, he understood that to face out within the trade, you should be a real skilled. So, he went on to do a songwriting course.
If you need to stand out in your trade, you should grasp your craft. To be high of thoughts and stand out from the competitors, you should repeatedly evolve with developments in your trade.
When you already know your onion, you possibly can cost premium and other people can pay, as a result of they know you ship.
Image Credit: @timidakolo – Instagram, Twitter
The publish Timi Dakolo: Biography And Successful Career Of A Singer-Songwriter appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.