Stella Damasus is an award-winning Nigerian actress, producer, gospel singer, vocal coach, appearing coach, and author. She is the founding father of the Stella Damasus Arts (SDA) Foundation and co-founder of Index Two Studios.
Stella Damasus Background
Stella Damasus was born on the 24th of April 1978, in Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria. She had most of her early schooling in Benin and concluded her secondary schooling in Asaba, Delta State after her household relocated to Delta state. The prolific actress obtained a Bachelor of Arts diploma (BA) from the University of Lagos (UNILAG).
She additionally went for a Film Audition Workshop and an On-Camera Intensive coaching. Stella Damasus presently resides within the US however travels to Nigeria for holidays or work. She is married to the favored filmmaker, Daniel Ademinokan, and they’re blessed with kids.
Stella Damasus Career
Stella Damasus commenced her profession within the Nigerian leisure trade as a singer at Klink Studios, Lagos. While working on the studio, she honed her singing abilities and was chosen to do the vocals of high radio and TV jingles, trending in Nigeria on the time.
Her debut film as an actress was Abused in 1992. It was her second film, Breaking level, that propelled her to the limelight. Thus far, she has featured in over 70 motion pictures.
Stella Damasus is the co-founder of I2radio, and the host of two podcast shows- Undiluted with Stella Damasus, and When Women Praise.
Stella is passionate in regards to the rights and welfare of ladies and younger ladies internationally. This ardour led her to create a mentorship and capability constructing program referred to as Adiva. As an entertainer, Stella entertains and educates her followers by way of varied media packages.
These packages are:
- African Girl Abroad – a chat present in regards to the lifetime of African immigrants dwelling in America.
- Actors Playhouse – a program that showcases the actors’ way of life.
- Excuse my African – a weekly podcast, the place she talks in regards to the lifetime of a misrepresented and misunderstood African lady overseas.
- Daily Dose – a day by day podcast the place Stella shares her experiences uncooked and unscripted. She additionally offers a day by day increase to motivate listeners.
1992 – 2003
- Betrayed by Love
- Rattle Snake 1, 2 and three
- Two Brides and a Baby
- Abused – 1992
- Obaseki – 1997
- Face of a Liar – 1999
- Rumours – 2001
- Submission – 2002
- Real Love – 2003
- Passions – 2003
- My Time 1 and a pair of – 2003
- When God Says Yes – 2003
- Never Say Goodbye – 2003
- Market vendor 1 and a pair of – 2003
- The Intruder 1 and a pair of – 2003
- Emotional Pain – 2003
- Dangerous Desire – 2003
- Bad Boys – 2003
- After the Fight – 2003
2004 – 2008
- Queen 1 and a pair of – 2004
- Missing Angel 1,2 and three – 2004
- Kings Pride – 2004
- Engagement Night 1 and a pair of – 2004
- Above Love – 2004
- Red Hot – 2004
- Burning Desire 1 and a pair of – 2004
- Cinderella – 2004
- Dangerous Twins 1, 2 and three – 2004
- Wheel of Change – 2005
- The Seed 1 and a pair of – 2005
- Desperate and Dangerous – 2005
- Real Love 2 and three – 2005
- Games Women Play 1 and a pair of – 2005
- The Bridesmaid – 2005
- Behind Closed Doors 1 and a pair of – 2005
- Widow – 2005
- Standing Alone – 2006
- Yankee Girls 1 and a pair of – 2008
- Four sisters – 2008
- Halimat – 2008
2016 – 2020
- Affairs of the Heart – 2016
- When is it Enough – 2017
- Here and There (Instagram Series) – 2017
- Ajakubo – 2017
- Excuse my African – 2018
- Gone – 2018
- Mix Match – 2018
- Between – 2019
- Here – 2019
- Zikora – 2020
- When Gods Die
- Game of Wit
- What the Steward Saw (USA)
- The Alternative
Stella Damasus Arts (SDA) Foundation
The Stella Damasus Arts Foundation is a non – profit organization established to alleviate the sufferings of the much less privileged. The group additionally supplies financial, mental, and emotional help to the society, by way of arts. SDA Foundation launched its free arts coaching program on the 16th of May 2011.
As An Ambassador
- Women ambassador for Globally Igniting Africa (GIA), a Non-profit Organization.
- Ambassador for Women4africa.
- An ambassador of the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
Stella Damasus Awards And Nominations
- Nominated for Best Actress in a Leading Role on the Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 2009
- Award for Best Actress on the Nigeria Entertainment Awards – 2007
- Best Actress on the Golden Icons Academy Awards in Houston, Texas – 2012
- Nominee for the PAN African Actor/Actress on the maiden version of the Cameroun Entertainment Awards – 2012
- Lead Actress Diaspora Award on the African Culture Image Awards (ACI) – 2016
- Nominee on the Best of African Gospel Music Awards (BAGMA) for the Best Female Vocalist in Diaspora – 2016
- Nominated on the Best of African Gospel Music Awards (BAGMA) for the Best Traditional Song of the Year – 2016
- Best Actress on the African Film Festival (AFF) for the film, Between – 2019
Stella Damasus Quotes
“If you desire a totally different outcome then be able to embrace
“Even with the noise across the actor, you could tune out
every part and concentrate on being within the second.”
“Doing what you’re keen on is freedom. Loving what you do is
“No matter how a lot consideration we pay to our bodily
look; we should do not forget that exterior magnificence fades.”
“Your inner beauty is more important because when the outer beauty starts to age and wrinkle, the inner beauty radiates and shines through it.”
“We can grow behind our wildest dreams. Don’t stop learning, pushing and working.”
“You can miss a lot of good things in life by having the wrong attitude. You may be the most intelligent or talented person around, but the work and money go to others who may not even measure up. Talent and intelligence are never enough. Your attitude carries 70percent.”
“Sometimes, assist comes from probably the most sudden folks. Be
cautious with the best way you deal with these you’re feeling should not in your degree.”
“Let love at all times be your first response, life is already
“Embrace each facet of who you might be. Make adjustments to be the
greatest model of your self and to not turn into another person.”
“Don’t judge your unfinished story. Your story is still being told so, don’t judge it and give yourself unnecessary heartache.”
“…Never compare your beginning to someone else’s ending. You will get discouraged. Your stories were not written side by side, neither was there a track and field event when you all were born.”
Be Passionate And Focused
Stella Damasus is captivated with all she does particularly appearing. This is clear as a result of she talks about it lots. She is understood to immerse herself in any function and interpret it to the most effective of her potential. Her prolific appearing ability has earned her awards and an enormous fanbase.
Entrepreneurs needs to be captivated with no matter business they determine to function. Without ardour and focus, the entire thing would get tiring, unfulfilling, and boring. We can’t over emphasise the significance of ardour. Passion for what you do will assist you to keep put throughout tough occasions of your entrepreneurial journey.
Image Credit: @stelladamasus – Instagram, stelladamasus.com
The publish Stella Damasus: Biography, Businesses, And Movies Of A Talented Entertainer. appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.