Shan George is a Nollywood actress, singer, film producer, and director. She is the Founder/CEO of a tuition-free movie college, Divine Shield Film Academy in Calabar, Nigeria.
Shan George Background
Shan George was born on the 21st of April, 1970, to a British dad and Nigerian mum in Ediba, Abi native authorities space, Cross River State, Nigeria. She attended Edanafa Secondary Commercial School, Ediba, Cross River, Nigeria.
After acquiring her Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSCE), she proceeded to acquire a level in mass communication from the University of Lagos (UNILAG) in 1996. Shan George is a divorcee blessed with kids.
Shan George Career
The veteran actress describes her journey into Nollywood as a miracle, as a result of she stumbled upon the profession path whereas looking for a job, to boost money for her tuition charges on the University of Lagos. It was two years into her performing profession that she delved into film manufacturing.
Initially, her mom didn’t need her concerned within the trade. But, when she began making money, the tables turned, as a result of she noticed that actresses could possibly be profitable.
She produced her debut film All For Winnie whereas in her ultimate 12 months. Subsequently, she launched her debut studio album, Dance in 2010. The album acquired optimistic opinions from a number of music critics.
Filmography (As An Actress, Director, Producer)
- After The Storm
- Winds of Destiny – 1997
- Super Story (Revenge) – 2020
- Outkast – 2001
- Kosorogun 1 & 2 – 2002
- Itohan – 2002
- Outkast – 2002
- Tim ba t’aiye wa 1 & 2 – 2003
- Computer Girls – 2003
- Church Business 1 & 2 – 2003
- The Cartel 1 & 2 – 2004
- Masterstroke 1 & 2 – 2004
- London Forever – 2004
- A Kiss from Rose 1 & 2 – 2004
- Deadly Desire 1 & 2 – 2004
- Blood Diamonds – 2004
- A Second Time – 2004
- More Than Gold 1 & 2 – 2005
- Hidden Treasures 1 & 2 – 2005
- Travails of Fate 1 & 2 – 2006
- Passionate Crime 1 & 2 – 2006
- Connected Firm 1 & 2 – 2006
- Welcome to Nollywood (Documentary) – 2007
- The Trinity 1 & 2 – 2007
- A Can of Worms 1 & 2 – 2007
- The Wages – 2013
- The State (Season 1, 2 & three) – 2019
- In My Country – 2019
- The Revenge of Labista – 2020
- No Chance – 2020
Awards And Nominations
- Mоѕt Aссlаіmеd Aсtrеѕѕ іn Nіgеrіа аt thе Аfrіса Моvіе Асаdеmу Аwаrdѕ (AMAA)
- Bеѕt Aсtrеѕѕ іn Nіgеrіа аt thе Аfrіса Маgіс Vіеwеrѕ Сhоісе Аwаrdѕ (AMVCA)
- Recipient of the Best Actreѕs Award аt thе Gоldеn Ісоn Моvіе Асаdеmу Аwаrdѕ (GIAMA)
- Nominated for the Best Act, Female (English) on the Cross River Movie Awards (CRIMA) – 2013
- Best Director on the Cross River Nollywood Awards (CRINA) – 2014
- Movie of the Year on the Cross River Nollywood Awards (CRINA) – 2014
- Best Producer on the Cross River Nollywood Awards (CRINA) – 2014
- Award Recipient on the Calabar Entertainment Conference (CEC) – 2019
- Actor of The Week by Don Dollar Entertainment – 2019
- Award Recipient on the Anneozeng Ogozi Aid Foundation (AOAF) – 2019
Shan George Quotes
“Be the best of the best with an open mind.”
“Don’t be deceived, respect the actual actor, you possibly can’t sleep
your manner up.”
“There’s a distinction, to HEAR and to COMPREHEND. Hearing is
Physical, Comprehension is Spiritual.”
“Have a mind of your own, and focus on doing the right things, instead of joining the BANDWAGON…”
“Majority carries the vote. But the majority isn’t always right. Because almost everyone is doing that thing, it really doesn’t mean that thing is the right way. Have a mind of your own and follow it.”
“…Just keep being good to your fellow humans. Pray, work hard, and play hard.”
“All we need is LOVE, and the understanding that I can’t be YOU, and you can’t be ME.”
“There’s all the time a manner out of each scenario. Whatever the
challenges are, they’ll undoubtedly be surmounted.”
“Eyes on the purpose, don’t get distracted, ignore bitter
“As long as it doesn’t offend God or harm any human, just do your thing, craze your craze and be happy. This life is yours. If people want to talk, let them.”
“We the people can make a change. We can’t change anything from a distance. Get involved.”
“I’m not everybody’s friend, and I’m not anybody’s enemy. If you see me hanging out with someone you hate, don’t transfer the hatred to me, especially when I’m not the reason or cause of your hating that person. If God were to hate you for all your wrongdoings…”
“Don’t use what you get by grace to shame others, the
cube of life remains to be rolling.”
“Men of true impact don’t fight for position, visibility or appearance.”
Learn to be
Shan George’s story is a lesson to each younger girl who’s confronted with challenges. George needed to see herself via college. She sought methods to pay her tuition payment which finally landed her within the movie industry.
Normally, she would have given up below the excuse of not being privileged. But, she rose to the event as an impartial lady to fend for herself. She is a legend within the trade immediately, due to the step of braveness she took a number of years in the past.
Entrepreneurship is a critical business. An Entrepreneur ought to be taught to be impartial and never all the time wait for somebody to spoon-feed you. As an entrepreneur, it’s a must to rise to the event when the necessity arises. By continually exhibiting up and persevering, issues will begin to fall in place to your business.
Photo Credit: Instagram.
The put up Shan George: Biography, Career Journey Of A Veteran Actress, Filmmaker appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.