Robert Peters is a multi-award-winning actor, movie producer, director, cinematographer, and voice-over artist. He is the co-owner of Whitestone Pictures LLC, a movie manufacturing studio and tools supplier firm in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
Robert. O. Peters Background
Robert Oyimemise Peters was born on the sixth of June 1973, in Sabon Gari, Kaduna State, Nigeria, because the second youngster of his mother and father’ eight kids. He was born to Lawrence Adagba and Comfort Peters of Afemai descent in Ososo, Akoko Edo native authorities, Edo State.
Robert Peters had his early training at St. Gregory Primary School, Kaduna. He bagged a level in Geology and Mining from the University of Jos, Nigeria. In 2004, Mr Peters did a course in Visual Storytelling at New York Academy.
He additionally went for coaching on Red cameras and tools with REDucation and an on the job coaching with the Film Career Connection in Atlanta.
Robert Peters is married to Deborah Peters, and they’re blessed with a toddler, Zachary Lawrence Onafa-Orafa Peters.
Robert. O. Peters Career
Robert Peters commenced his profession within the Nigerian leisure trade in 1998, as an actor within the film, Mama Sunday. His efficiency within the film earned him a job in a TV sequence, Everyday People produced by Tajudeen Adepetu in 2002.
Robert Peters began working as a cinematographer and movie editor in 2006. As a cinematographer and movie editor, Peters has labored on a number of African-American Productions.
Within 10 years, he had labored with a number of Hollywood and Nollywood filmmakers together with, Vivica A. Fox, Lynn Witfield, Eric Roberts, Karlie Redd, Paul Campbell, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Neville Sajere, Ayo Makun, Ramsey Nuoah, Desmond Elliott, Majid Michel, Jim Iyke, Chris Attoh, Funke Akindele, Oc Ukeje, Jeta Amata, Van Vicker, Nse Ikpe Etim, Lisa Raye McCoy, Mercy Johnson, Stella Damasus, James Michael Costello, Sulehk Sunman, Yvonne Okoro, Carl Anthony Payne, Joseph Benjamin and Tangi Miller.
In 2017, Guinness Book of Records named 30 Days in Atlanta as one of many movies with the best home gross spanning throughout Bollywood, Nollywood, and Hollywood. It was listed alongside Bollywood’s PK and Hollywood’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
2009 – 2016
- Black November – 2009
- Le Silence Pure – 2011
- Black Money – 2012
- Reflections – 2012
- Refugees – 2013
- Shrink Wrap – 2013
- Faces of Love – 2013
- Lies Men Tell 1 and a pair of – 2013
- When One Door Closes – 2013
- 30 Days in Atlanta – 2014
- Knocking on Heaven’s Door – 2014
- Affairs of the Heart – 2015
- Carpe Diem – 2015
- The Dowry Man – 2015
- Shades of Attraction – 2015
- Closure – 2016
- Lagos Blues – 2016
- A Trip To Jamaica – 2016
2017 – 2020
- 10 Days in Suncity – 2017
- Esohe – 2017
- Unveil – 2017
- Boxing Day: A Day After Christmas – 2017
- A Surprise Mission – 2017
- Hell’s Fury – 2017
- Caller 25 – 2017
- De’ Adura – 2018
- Make Room – 2018
- Lone Star Deception – 2018
- Shades of Attraction – 2018
- Zero Hour – 2019
- Unbreakable – 2019
- Coming From Insanity – 2019
- Special Jollof – 2020
- Thirty Pieces of Silver – 2020
- Mugabe – 2020
- A Place in The Dark – 2020
- Small Chops – 2020
Robert Peters Quotes
“Be true to your self… And be helpful to the journey. Busyness
doesn’t imply effectiveness. Things don’t finish unsuitable… But begins unsuitable.”
“The problem with Nigeria is not corruption but wickedness… there’s corruption everywhere in the world. Wickedness is when you take money from your country to strengthen another economy…and your people lack basic amenities and live in abject poverty.”
“Indecision is sort of a stepchild: if he doesn’t wash his
arms, he’s known as soiled, if he does, he’s losing water.”
“Ultimately we are defined as homosapiens by the way we love… Love is the greatest… Let’s live great!”
“I approach every job as the last thing I’ll do on earth…”
“You make a living by what you get… But you make a life by what you give.”
Robert Peters Awards And Nominations
- Best Cinematography on the NAFCA Awards – 2010
- NAFCA Awards named honoured his film Silence Total because the Best Cinematography – 2012
- Best Director on the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2013
- Affairs of the center gained Best Film on the Nafca Awards – 2015
- Best Film on the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) named him Best Director – 2015
- Best Comedy on the Best of Nollywood Awards (BON) – 2015
- African Academy Movie Awards (AMAA) named 30 Days In Atlanta because the Best Comedy – 2015
- Best Comedy on the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (GIAMA) – 2015
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) nominee for Best Cinematography – 2016
- Nominee for Best movie made by African Living Abroad on the African Academy Movie Awards (AMAA) – 2016
- Award for Excellence and Leadership by the Queen of Nollywood Awards – 2016
- Best Director on the Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) – 2017
- Excellence and Leadership Awards by the UM Magazine Africa – 2017
- Certificate of Achievement on the African Film Festival – 2018
- Recipient of Diamond Special Recognition Award – 2019
You Need Skills
Robert Peters knew his ardour was to make motion pictures. So, after he accomplished his undergraduate research, he went on to accumulate the abilities he wanted to make good movies. After buying this talent, Peters commercialised his skill and in the present day, he’s one of many revered filmmakers throughout the globe.
As an entrepreneur, you’ll want to be expert in what you do. Once you’re expert, the subsequent step is to learn to commercialise your talent. We reside in a aggressive society that’s evolving by the minute. You must be on prime of your sport to stay related.
Image Credit: @robertopeters – Instagram
The submit Robert Peters: Biography, Career, And Movies Of An Ace Cinematographer. appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.