Jeta Amata is a multi-award-winning Nigerian filmmaker, producer, and director. He is the son of the veteran filmmaker and actor, Zack Amata. Jeta Amata was dubbed by a famend UK publication, The Guardian, as Nollywood’s Gift to Hollywood.
Jeta Amata Background
Enejeta Amata was born on the 21st of August 1974, to the favored Veteran Filmmaker and Actor, Zack Amata. His uncle Fred Amata, and his late grandfather, John Ifoghale Amata had been additionally Nollywood game-changers. He studied Theatre Arts on the Benue State University, Makurdi, Nigeria.
Jeta Amata was as soon as married to Nollywood actress Mbong Odungide. They divorced in 2014, and their union birthed a fantastic daughter – Edherezeno Amata.
The prolific filmmaker is at the moment with Vanessa Teemsma, who co-produced a few of his films, together with Black November. The duo had a son Kessiena Donald Amata in 2019.
Jeta Amata Career
Before Jeta Amata went to the University, he commenced with a TV present referred to as Teenyboppers on Clapperboard TV. Teenyboppers was a fifteen-minute drama phase of what he referred to as the Teeny Theatre.
So, he already had firsthand expertise in producing and directing, due to this fact, it wasn’t exhausting for him to have his first script prepared as he was graduating from the University.
After his commencement, he returned to Lagos and satisfied his father’s family and friends members, who had been all actors to characteristic in his film, and promised to pay them later.
They obliged, and the movie titled Glamour Boys was launched and was an enormous success. Jeta was simply 21 years outdated when he launched his first film in 1995.
Thus far, Jeta Amata has garnered 62 nominations, and 18 award wins for his work in Africa, Europe, and the United States. Recently, he was acknowledged by CNN as probably the most recognizable celebrities in Nollywood.
In 2012, he premiered his film, Black Gold (which was renamed Black November in 2013) on the United Nations General Assembly. He additionally screened the film on the Kennedy Center and the Library of Congress in Washington.
The prolific filmmaker launched his first e-book, St. Lincoln: What 400 Years of Slavery Has Taught Us, on the commemoration of the 400 years of transatlantic slavery in 2019.
He was additionally the coordinator of the Unity March, which befell in Washington D.C. in August 2019. Michel Joseph Martelly, President of Haiti, appointed Jeta Amata as a Goodwill Ambassador to Haiti.
As A Director, Writer, Actor, And Producer
- Mutanda – 2001
- Black Mamba (Video) – 2002
- Tears of a Woman – 2002
- Unconditional Love – 2003
- Love Entangle (Video) – 2003
- Dangerous Desire (Video) – 2003
- Queen (Video) – 2004
- Queen 2 (Video) – 2004
- The Alexa Affair – 2004
- Wheel of Change – 2005
- Ultimate Crisis – 2005
- Last Game – 2005
- Anini – 2005
- The Amazing Grace – 2006
- Game of Life – 2007
- Mary Slessor (TV collection) – 2008
- Queen Amina – 2009
- Inale – 2010
- Black November – 2012
- Shrink Rap (TV Movie) – 2012
- Road to Redemption – 2013
- The American King – 2013
- Dawn within the Creeks (TV Series) – 2014
- Hollywood Weekly sixth Annual Film Festival (Video brief) – 2019
- The American King-As informed by an African Priestess – 2019
Jeta Amata Awards And Nominations
- Nominated on the African Academy Movie Awards (AAMA), because the Best Director – 2006
- Best Cinematography on the African Academy Movie Awards (AAMA) – 2006
- Nominated on the African Academy Movie Awards (AAMA), for the Best Picture – 2006
- Nominee on the African Academy Movie Awards (AAMA) for the Best Screenplay – 2006
- Screen Nations Awards for the Best West African Film – 2007
- Nigeria Movie Awards (NMA) nominee for the Best Director – 2007
- Nominated on the Nigeria Movie Awards (NMA) for the Best Picture – 2007
- Best Cinematography on the Nigeria Movie Awards (NMA) – 2007
- SIMA Awards for Best Director – 2008
- Audience Awards on the Abuja International Film Festival – 2009
- Best Short Film on the Abuja International Film Festival – 2009
- NFVSB Awards Nigeria honoured Jeta Amata’s Inale because the Best Film – 2010
- Best Film on the Verona International African Film Festival – 2011
- Audience Award on the Verona International African Film Festival – 2011
- Monaco International Film Festival Award for the Most Entertaining Film – 2011
- Best Film on the Copenhagen Nollywood Festival – 2011
- American Black Film Festival (ABFF) nominee for Best Director – 2011
- Nominated Black November for the Best Picture on the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) – 2011
- Best Screenplay on the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) – 2011
- Nigerian Entertainment Awards named Inale because the Best Film – 2011
- Nominee on the African Academy Movie Awards (AAMA) for Best Nigerian Film – 2011
Jeta Amata Quotes
“It is inconceivable for God to place us with wild animals and
not count on us to discover a solution to tame all of them, study to cohabit.”
“Educate your self, my folks, by no means cease studying and
studying, we have to awake!”
“Nigerian celebrities have to stand up and do what’s proper.
We should maintain arms with our South African brothers for the world to see. That
is how we alter our narrative.”
“South Africa isn’t our drawback, we’re. Every black man is
tribal, and when it fits us. There is NO Nigerian that hasn’t suffered some
type of discrimination resulting from tribe.”
“Our parents may be tough on us; however, the most important thing a father can do for his child is being there and showing up.”
Entrepreneurial Lessons From Jeta Amata
Pursue Your Passion
Jeta Amata had a ardour for the humanities from childhood, and he knew that keenness wasn’t sufficient. Therefore, he went on to develop himself, so he can stand out.
Firstly, he gathered expertise by producing from his teenage years. Afterwards, he went on to check Theatre Arts within the University to construct on his expertise. Till date, Jeta Amata doesn’t play with self improvement, as a result of he need to stay related in his area.
As an entrepreneur, ardour with willpower is a powerful key to success. Every entrepreneur have to be decided and work exhausting to see their desires come to fruition.
Image Credit: onobello.com, npr.org, Jeta Amata – Facebook
The publish Jeta Amata: Biography, Career And Movies Of A Prolific Filmmaker. appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.