Tech By Her Accelerator is accepting applications from African female founders. This opportunity is open to female entrepreneurs of tech startups in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria.
The program is for female entrepreneurs looking for an opportunity to grow and scale their business in the tech ecosystem. Also, the program aims to mentor female founders and build an alumni network of participants who will become ambassadors for other upcoming founders.
Therefore, if you are looking for ways to learn and expand your Pan-African networks in the tech industry, this is for you.
The Tech By Her Accelerator
Tech By Her is powered by MEST with support from the Tech Entrepreneurship Initiative, ‘Make-IT in Africa’, (implemented by Deutsche fur Gesellschaft Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ) on behalf of the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The initiative aims to support rapidly growing female-led tech ventures into becoming globally competitive and sustainable brands.
Also, the purpose of the program is to develop a strong Pan African female entrepreneurship community. This way, it will mentor female founders and build an alumni network of successful Tech By Her Accelerator participants who will become ambassadors for other upcoming founders.
Benefits Of Participating In The Tech By Her Accelerator
- Holistic coaching and training
- Access to industry leaders and experts from across the continent
- A supportive community of leading female entrepreneurs
- Invitation to the alumni network of successful female entrepreneurs
- An expansive network of tech experts
- 2 Intensive Boot Camps in Accra, Ghana, all expenses paid
- 3 Months of virtual mentoring and coaching
- Media publicity and visibility through MEST social media pages, websites, and media partners.
Generally, it will be a selection of ten (10) best and most impactful female entrepreneurs from Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya. Then, beyond the drive, ambition and a genuine interest in the growth of your business, you should also fulfill the following requirements;
- Be a founder/co-founder of your organisation, be a female and available to participate fully in all aspects of the program
- Be an early-stage startup and have achieved commercialization and monetisation phase
- A technology-based, or have technology as the core enabler of the business
- Must have begun operations at least one (1) year before applying, and have a live product or service in the market
- Be an African national or resident and have registered the business in one of the three operational countries (Ghana, Nigeria, and Kenya).
- Have evidence of revenue and clearly demonstrated the potential to scale.
- Have a business model with a social impact, i.e have a solution to a problem described in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) (locally and/or globally)
- Be willing to organize at least one (1) community event in your operational country with support from the local MEST office.
- Also, the willingness of the founder to be an ambassador of the program and of tech entrepreneurship, encouraging and motivating other females in the entrepreneurial space.
How It Works
The program will kick-off with a virtual launch and interactive session. There, fellows will learn about the program, get introduced to their mentors and discuss what the next three months will be about. Next, is a ten-day immersion Bootcamp, all-expenses-paid in Accra, Ghana. Afterward, participants will return home to organize community-building events for females in the tech space.
Altogether, the Tech By Her Accelerator is a 3-month industry-agnostic program, including all expenses paid meetups in Accra, Ghana. In the program, founders will receive hands-on training, mentoring and access to industry leaders who will share their experiences and expertise from across the continent. Also, participants will pitch in front of a panel of investors.
In conclusion, participating in the Tech By Her Accelerator program will equip you with the skills to take your business to the next level. It will also avail you of the opportunity to be champions for Pan-African Tech By Her Accelerator.
The window for application will close March 13, 2020. Subsequently, shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview on 17 – 19th March 2020. Click here to read more and apply
Image Credit: Instagram
The post Tech By Her Accelerator Is Empowering Female Founders In The Tech Industry, Apply Now appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.