The 2020 Anzisha Prize Program is open to utility submission from young entrepreneurs. The alternative is for Africans who’ve developed and applied progressive options to social challenges or began profitable companies inside their communities.
Generally, it’s Africa’s largest award for younger entrepreneurs between the age of 15 -22. It doles out over USD $100,000 yearly in prize money to entrepreneurs from all around the continent.
If you’re between the age of 15 and 22, working a small business in Africa, then, the 2020 Anzisha prize award is for you.
About the 2020 Anzisha Prize Program
The Anzisha Prize Program is a partnership between the African Leadership Academy and the Mastercard Foundation. The initiative seeks to essentially and considerably enhance the variety of very younger job generative entrepreneurs in Africa.
It is for younger African entrepreneurs making an attempt to develop a small business. Also, younger African entrepreneurs growing a product that has the potential to influence their communities and generate revenue are inspired to use.
With the 2020 Anzisha Prize, you’ll be able to develop into a job mannequin and encourage different younger entrepreneurs to imagine within the distinction they will make in Africa with the fitting help.
There will likely be a complete of 20 finalists from Africa who will win a fellowship to help the expansion of their business. Also, there will likely be an all-expenses-paid journey to South Africa to take part within the two-weeks lengthy entrepreneurship workshop and convention on the African Leadership Academy campus in Johannesburg.
Eligibility For The 2020 Anzisha Prize
This alternative is for younger youths between the age of 15 and 22 years. It will not be for these born earlier than November 1, 1997 or after October 31, 2005.
You should fulfill the next standards to use:
- An Identification Document (ID) or passport as proof.
- Be a nationwide of an African nation with a business based mostly in Africa for African prospects/beneficiaries.
- Individuals who apply have to be one of many founding members of a business (for instance, 2 or three co-founders who began up the mission collectively).
- Your business should have already began with show. The prize will not be for an important thought or business plans.
- Your business, invention or social mission may be in any area or trade (science and know-how, civil society, arts and tradition, sports activities, and so forth.). Any form of enterprise is welcome to use.
- A replica of your Identification Document
- Pictures of your enterprise/mission in motion.
- Company registration documents, in case your enterprise is registered (don’t fear if not, you’ll be able to nonetheless submit your utility).
- Logo of your enterprise/mission
- A photograph of your self.
- Information about your enterprise/mission.
Selection Criteria For 2020 Anzisha Prize
To be chosen for the Anzisha ventures, your business or mission will likely be judged on the next standards:
- Is your enterprise led and managed by the founder
- Is the enterprise established, already performed some business or tasks?
- Does it ship some worth to those beneficiaries or prospects?
- Has the enterprise demonstrated some influence already?
- Are there clearly outlined beneficiaries which were impacted by the enterprise?
- Does it have the potential to develop?
- Has it created some jobs or does it have the potential to create extra high-quality jobs?
To be chosen as one for the Anzisha Fellows, you have to reveal two essential qualities:
- You are the
chief of your enterprise and also you drive each enterprise technique and operations.
- You should spend at
least 20 hours per week (or extra) in your business and plan to proceed to take action
- Monetary Reward: A share of $100,000, shared amongst the fellows, with the grand prize winner, taking away $25 000.
- Learning Camps: Access to a world-renowned entrepreneurial management curriculum and coaching price $2000 with the potential for additional funding based mostly on engagement and efficiency.
- Consulting Service: $2,500 price of rewards from consulting and mentorship providers
- Speaking Opportunities: $2,000 price of rewards from Global talking occasions or specialists in residence help
- Entrepreneur Conferences: $1,000 price of rewards from entrepreneur networking opportunities with different entrepreneurs throughout the Anzisha Prize group
Basically, owing to the truth that Africa’s future lies within the palms of the younger technology, the prize celebrates younger minds with the potential to develop the nation’s financial system and create jobs.
The window for utility submission is open and can shut on April 1, 2020. Thereafter, interviews and different due processes will observe earlier than the award is given.
Please observe which you could additionally nominate candidates who match the standards.
To learn extra and apply, click on here
The put up 2020 Anzisha Prize Is Open To Applications From Young Entrepreneurs – Apply Now appeared first on Entrepreneurs In Nigeria.